The rotating drum screen is a reliable and proven inlet screen, an excellent screening solution for applications where small particles need to be removed. The screening elements can be wedge-shaped wire baskets with a pitch of 0.5-6 mm or perforated drums of 1-6 mm.
The captured filter residue is compacted, dewatered, transported and cleaned to remove most of the organic material to achieve a solids content of approximately 40%. The volume is reduced by 52% and the weight by 65%, resulting in lower treatment costs.
The rotary drum screen is suitable for municipal wastewater treatment plants, industrial wastewater and process water screening. The aperture size and screen diameter can be individually adjusted to specific site requirements. The rotary drum screen is made entirely of stainless steel and can be installed directly in the channel or in a separate tank.
- All stainless steel construction is corrosion resistant
- Ideal for MBR and scum removal applications
- Screening, cleaning, compaction and dewatering of solids in one unit, reducing treatment costs
- Dual spray cleaning system returns organic material to the wastewater stream
- Simple design with a single drive minimizes maintenance costs
- Canned screens available