Roots blower is a blower based on the principle of a positive displacement rotary lobe pump, which operates by pumping fluid through a cam that engages differently from a set of tension gears. The fluid is then trapped in pockets around the vanes and taken from the intake side to the exhaust side. It is also known as roots type blower, root blower and rotary lobe blower.
Roots blowers can be found anywhere air and gases need to be transported. This means in a large number of applications in industries such as food and beverage, chemicals, water, pulp and paper, mining, cement, power, metals and oil and gas.
Many industrial processes rely on air, such as combustion, vacuum, air separation, water aeration, pneumatic conveying, membrane cleaning or regeneration, to name but a few.
How does a roots blower work?
The operating process starts with the flow of air into the element chamber from the air inlet. The rotor rotates against the walls of the chambers at regular intervals to create the so-called “air flow direction”. At this point, there is still atmospheric pressure in these chambers.
Once the first blade passes through the opening on the pressure side, the system pressure is adjusted. This is called isovolumetric compression. The rotors are sealed to each other internally to prevent pressure changes.
The Roots Blower operates using the principle of isovolumetric compression, also known as external compression. The pressure increase is achieved by intermittent delivery of gaseous media into the system. The associated pressure increase is achieved by forcing the medium from atmospheric conditions into a system with a given resistance. The Roots Blower will operate at a controlled output level to overcome this resistance.
- Large range of air volume and pressure vacuum
- The exhaust gas does not contain oil
- The computer moves under the balance to correct a low vibration and low noise
- Stable air volume, Little influence of pressure change on air volume
- Special impeller design, high efficiency and energy saving
- Simple and solid structure, Trouble-free
- The use of primary grinding gear, high accuracy, long life, low noise
- Strict quality management and standardized products
- The latest four-axis process for impeller exploration will be in one sheet for greater precision
- Each blower can be equipped with a piston ring, so that the efficiency is higher and the life is longer
- Wastewater treatment aeration
- After combustion, dust treatment
- Dust collecting device
- Vacuum dewatering of dyeing, finishing and papermaking equipment
- Desulfurization by exhaust smoke
- Environmental regulation equipment
- Exhaust and dry
- Air transport
- Special gas and granular transport
- Liquid stirring in the plating tank
- Stir the liquid
Customer site cases
KUOSI is a manufacturer and supplier of environmental three lobe roots air blower in China. We also supply submersible roots blowers, the device can be installed and used underwater to cope with specific environments. If you have any questions or needs regarding roots blowers, please contact us.