High speed air suspended turbo centrifugal blowers are simple in construction and functional principle, but at the same time very efficient. Since the air supply systems of modern wastewater treatment plants are designed for maximum availability, high energy efficiency and long maintenance intervals, the blowers have a demanding bearing system inside that requires neither oil nor other lubricants – only air is required.
Combining an advanced blower management system with a smaller physical footprint than conventional blowers, and a huge increase in redesign, performance and efficiency.
Incorporates innovative and advanced technology that provides up to 45% energy savings, increased reliability and low maintenance requirements, and is factory pre-wired and tested in an ergonomically designed acoustic enclosure for plug-and-play operation.
How does turbo blower work?
Air suspension centrifugal turbo blower is a new concept blower developed by applying the design experience of military aviation turbomachinery. Its basic principle is that the high-speed permanent magnet synchronous motor supported by air suspension bearing and controlled by frequency converter directly drives the coaxial centrifugal impeller to do work, which creates a new era of ultimate energy saving and environmental protection fan.
The high-speed turbo blower follows the compression principle of a centrifugal compressor or a dynamic compressor of radial design. It operates at constant pressure, with performance dependent on external environmental conditions, providing pulsation-free compressed air. This is in contrast to a volumetric compressor operating at a constant flow rate, where the inlet air density does not affect performance and the compression is pulsating.
The air is drawn axially into the center of the impeller with radial vanes and is pushed radially by centrifugal force. The rotation of the impeller accelerates the velocity of the air (kinetic energy) and forces it through the downstream diffuser and worm housing. Here, the high kinetic energy is converted into potential energy (pressure), which slows down the air by expansion. According to Bernoulli’s principle (pressure is inversely proportional to the square of the velocity), the velocity energy is converted into pressure energy. Optimal operation of a turbo blower is achieved when the blower operates within its specified airflow range. The maximum efficiency of a turbo blower is the product of pressure and air flow, and is limited by the limits of surging and blocking.
Snubbing is the reversal of flow during dynamic compression. It occurs when the capacity handled is reduced to the point where the pressure generated is insufficient to maintain the flow rate. This means that by the time the fluid flows through the compressor, the pressure has reached the maximum limit of the compressor impeller it can push. As the compressor is unable to overcome the pressure, the flow slides backwards instead of being pushed into the system. This causes vibrations that can damage internal components. To prevent this from happening, the bypass valve opens before the surge point is reached.
Blockage occurs when the compressor is operating at low discharge pressures and very high flow rates. The compressor is mapped to a fixed RPM value and the compressor output increases as the compressor discharge back pressure decreases. This results in an increase in gas velocity. The increase in gas velocity continues until it reaches a maximum at the speed of sound.
- Simple maintenance / low cost — using air suspension bearing technology, no need to use lubricant and regular bearing replacement, only regular filter replacement.
- Compact structure — simple structure, small size, light and delicate, reduce space, easy to move and install.
- Easy to use and control — Motor speed, pressure, temperature and flow rate are displayed on the touch screen, and data can be changed and entered through the touch screen, making it easy to use.
- High efficiency and energy saving — (energy saving effect can reach 45%) The compression part adopts high efficiency design and high efficiency motor, the comprehensive efficiency can reach more than 70%.
- Low noise, no vibration — using air bearing direct drive technology, no mechanical wear, noise is only about 75dB(A), product vibration is basically ZERO level.
- Oil-free operation — Adopting air foil bearing, no lubrication The air supplied is pure air without oil. The air supplied is pure air that does not contain oil.
- Sewage treatment industry
- Pulp and paper industry
- Printing and dyeing industry
- The pharmaceutical
- Electroplating factory